Saturday, August 3, 2013

EuroTour 2013 part 4: Verviers

After my two days relaxing in Brussels, I took the train an hour east to Verviers, where I would play the last show.
Hall in Verviers, where I have played with TMB, apparently  :)

 I guess you know you've played a few shows in your career when you think you've never heard of a town before, and then you show up, and not only do you recognize every building around you, but you realize you've played there before! 






I made my way through town to the Spirit of 66, where the gig was going to be.











You can see me on the playbill down at 01/07 --- somebody decided to call the show 'Genesis Revisited' (not me) --- I think they were confusing me with Steve Hackett's tour!  :)















Anyway, the owner and technician were very friendly and we started setting up the show.




Here you can see the iPad I had at my side during the show. I used foot pedals to change the visuals at the right time. 

This was the splash screen for the top of the show.










 The Spirit of 66 is a wonderful classic rock club with lots of wooden furniture, and where the walls have endless stories to tell. 

I love this kind of environment, what a great vibe. Here is one of the doors in my dressing room.




 


 Here you can see the piano mover getting ready to set the piano up, with the club owner standing on stage and the technician down in front.

Soundcheck , photo: Martin Christgau

 Here I am playing in soundcheck. It was so nice to have a Yamaha C7 to play; it is the same piano I have at home.

 

 
Can Utility & The Coastliners,   photo: Martin Christgau















I got a great surprise when Martin Duimel and his wife Jacqueline showed up from Holland. Martin has been a hardcore supporter, has produced shows for The Musical Box, and organized my first European solo show in Holland back in 2008.

To see all my pictures from Verviers, visit my Dropbox folder

No comments:

Post a Comment