Thursday, July 25, 2013

EuroTour 2013, Part 2: Padova, Italy, 1st Concert

After my recuperation day in Venice, I took a train to Padova, 60 kms away, location of the first of my three concerts. I was again greeted at the train station by my host, Michele, and taken to my hotel. Another beautiful Italian city I've never visited before....








Once we had completed the guided tour of the city that Michele offered me, I returned to the hotel for a bit before we met up with the members of Duke, a local Genesis tribute band for a wonderful supper.


The very friendly members of Duke.






After supper, I got to sit in on one of their rehearsals for an upcoming performance in Verona....



In the Duke practice room.












Next day, it was time to get the first show up and running! After the customary technical problems for the first few hours, everything ran smoothly and the show was a real pleasure.
playing Seven Stones











talking about my meeting with The Great One














playing Mad Man Moon















promoting each other's CDs, with Paolo Chiarandini



After the concert, I got to meet a lot of people, including the ultra-talented Paolo Chiarandini, who learned all my arrangements by ear(!!!) and made his own CD of them, as well as performing them in the same venue as I did.

with Michele Maran, the organizer, and a brand new fan!




I was also introduced to the best kind of Genesis fan: a brand new one!  :)




concert hall in Padova


It was a night of sharing great music with really nice people in a beautiful town. 

The tour got off to a great start...

To see all my photos of Padova, visit my Dropbox folder

1 comment:

  1. I think you can safely say that you're most welcome here in Europe!

    ReplyDelete